Thursday, November 8, 2012

My lovely little wallflower

"My" sweet little Kaleigh. Most days I believe I am the only one who has taken notice of this seemingly quiet little soul. Her picture does not stand out. Is it because of her shaved head? Is it because she isn't smiling in it? I don't know. She is just another picture people scroll by. She is my angelic little wallflower. You know the type. Heck, maybe you were even one yourself! Picture a middle school dance. You walk in and there are always the kids who demand your attention. They are confident. They are well liked. They are noticed. They are the ones right there in the center of the action. They are... smiling! We all love them. How could you not?! If we weren't one then we sure as heck wish we were at some point, right?

But then...you scan the outer skirts of the room. That's where you would find my Kaleigh. She is just waiting to be noticed. Waiting for someone to walk up to her and say "I see you over here! You are beautiful! You have been noticed!"



Just look at those chubby cheeks. They are pinch able.

Those cute little ears that poke out. So cute.

And her little nose. Perfect.

But her eyes are what haunts me when I look at her. It is like she is staring straight into my soul. Begging me for help. Asking me to notice her.

So I have made it my mission to get her noticed this Holiday season. Kaleigh is our families Angel Tree  child this year and our goal is to raise $1,000 for her grant fund. Kaleigh is off to a great start but we have quite a ways to go. 

I am selling some cute craft items in the Christmas craft mall

"It Matters to This One" starfish chocolates


                                              "I Will Not Leave You as Orphans" ornaments

                                                                       "Chosen" canvas

I hope that Kaleigh matters to someone. That she will not be left as an orphan.

I pray she will be CHOSEN!

My sweet little wall flower.


Go here to donate and order your very own Kaleigh ornament!

http://reecesrainbow.org/30728/kaleigh-26ha


6 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start! I am still working on my crafts! (This is my first year.) I love your crafts, and Kaleigh is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! Isn't she so pretty?! Who is your Angel Tree child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know I HAVE noticed Kaleigh, and I've often wondered the same thing. Does anyone see her? Thank you for advocating for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. suzyg you have made my night!! Thank you for taking the time to reply here and let me know you have noticed Kaleigh!

      Delete
    2. I've been watching her profile for several months, along with little Gloria from the same region. If only my husband was on board...

      Delete
    3. To funny. Gloria was my second choice when I signed up to be a warrior :) I have been watching Kaleighs profile for a very long time and was SO excited the day she got a donate button. Now if only she would get a new picture, lol.

      Delete